Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Yarn Along

Today I am so excited to finally be joining in with Ginny over at Small Things for her weekly Yarn Along. I follow it every wednesday and now I've finally done something worth posting about... I can knit in the round!!!


Everyone says it's easy but I have always put it off, over thinking it instead of just getting on with it, but  no more. It's just a basic hat but it was knit in the round on a circular needle for the body and 4 dpn's for the decreases. It's silly but I am so proud.

On the needles : Sirdar Smiley Stripes DK in an orange colourway. It's a bamboo wool mix and ultra soft and beautiful to work with.

On my kindle : Another first for me - Pagan fiction. I came across the Stonewylde series this week and I have already finished the first two and I begin the third tonight. It is compelling and I'm hoping I've found a whole new 'guilty pleasure' genre for myself.





4 comments:

  1. The hat looks great, love the yarn too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for commenting, you're my first so I didn't think to check!

      Delete
  2. that yarn is great looking. i enjoy wool/bamboo combo yarns. they do work up so nicely.
    funny knitting in the round was one of the first things i did. although now everything else freaks me out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never tried a wool/bamboo mix before but I'm completely won over. The texture is similar to cotton but much softer.
      It's the idea of all the other stuff, that's the part that keeps me feeling like a newbie. Next challenge is the magic loop and maybe knitting something that takes a bit longer than a hat/cowl/other baby item...

      Delete