Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Sock Fear!

Seeing as this is my week for trying new things, I've decided to confront my sock fear head on.

I have to admit this was prompted by a late night Ravelry session, which resulted in my finding the best and simplest pattern ever. It's Easy Peasy Socks For First Timers by Stacey Trock. A no brainer really.


Using this beautiful colourway from my favourite supplier of hand dyed yarn Arwen Makes, plus the only dpns I seem to have a full set of (3.25's), I have begun the task.

I took this picture yesterday as I knew I wouldn't have time this morning before I embarked on my taxi duties, and last night I achieved that mythical task of 'turning the heel'. And similarly to the butter, I'm still shocked at how much easier it was than I had imagined. It's got me wondering just how many other things there are that my mind has transformed into gargantuan and insurmountable tasks, which are in reality nothing of the sort. I'm going to attempt bread this weekend. 

The book has found it's way to me during the day for brief but lovely moments, as well as kept me up at nights. I remind myself that a mum with her head stuck in a book is no bad thing, I'm modeling a positive relationship to literature after all.

Joining in with the lovely Ginny today, pop over to see what others are knitting and reading.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful yarn! And watch it, that sock knitting becomes addictive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arwen Makes never fails to make gorgeous yarn and I can see how easily I could get addicted to this, I'm thinking some new dpn's might be in order very soon ;0)

      Delete
  2. You certainly have mastered it! That heel thing is always so intimidating at first. Glad you got it. I think this may be the first of many socks for you....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna I think you're right, I may just have decided on what quite a few people will be getting for Christmas this year!x

      Delete