Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Yarn Along



I'm taking advantage of a break in the shop's usual busyness to knit something for myself. I've chosen the Girlfriend Market Bag by Laura Spradlin over on ravelry. It's an easy knit and after making one for a friend I think it'll be perfect for beach days soon to come. In a bid to de-stash a little I'm using up my Freedom Echo Dk in a very oaty colour, I doubt I'll have enough so we'll see what catches my eye when it's time for the top cuff and strap. 

As I blazed through the library last week collecting a pile of Star Wars books for Orion, I spied this new Dean Koontz and grabbed it in the hope of finding a small window or a self-inflicted sleepless night. I've been reading Dean since I was 13 years old. He's changed so much since then, but then happily so have I. I'm just eternally grateful we've still compatible after more than 20 years!!

Joining in with the lovely Ginny today, pop over to see what others are knitting and reading.

8 comments:

  1. Isn't is great that you can be comfortable with the same author for so long. I read a copious amount of books that are quite varied but I can always fit in a Catherine Cookson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is like having a reliable friend :0)

      Delete
  2. Very neat looking market bag. I keep saying I want to make one but I never get around to it. My hubby loves Dean Koontz books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should give it a try, the pattern is so much easier than it looks and it's a great gift knit. Your hubby has great taste :0)

      Delete
  3. so the book is a good one? i use to read him and King all the time. going to have to check out that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm half way through and with a lot of his books over the past few years the storyline and characters are brilliant and completely absorbing but his writing has just gotten better and better. He stops you every couple of pages with a sentence that is just so perfectly written you need to reread it and my fingers itch to underline (this one is a library book so better not). It's definitely worth giving him a try again, I haven't read King in ages though.

      Delete
  4. I went to Ravelry to check on that bag and I love it! The oatmeal color you are using will look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out great, I used a denim coloured cotton for the rim and strap and I love it, you should try it I think I'm going to make it a go to gift pattern!

      Delete