I have the same yarn love that most of us do, so I know full well not to go wandering into those Aladdin's caves called Yarn Shops. A while back I was lured in with a need for a pair of needles. All was going well until my eyes fell on the Manos section. Then I saw the silk blend, and I was lost to beautiful colourways, and the softest textures.
With no patterns or even rough ideas in mind for what I wanted to create, I narrowed my choices down as much as possible, but was still left with four skeins. I bought them and eyes down, left as quickly as possible.
Now they sit, hopelessly beautiful, calling out to be handled and transformed. But the dilemma is... in to what? Any recommendations, any one worked with the silk blend before and would care to share a finished project? I need help, or I know they'll just continue to sit there, petted every so often but still just waiting.
In my book world I am just finishing the third of the Giver series I mentioned before, and it is just as good as the first. I also started re-reading Buddhism for Mothers, an amazing book which I'm in need of a bit at the moment.
This will be the first of the hat season for me. A yoda hat has been requested to go along with the doll so I'll be sure to post the finished item, hopefully next week.
Joining in with the lovely Ginny today for the weekly Yarn Along.
Beautiful yarn. That needs to be a shawl/cowl of some kind. So vibrant!
ReplyDeleteI agree Donna, I think I see another Hitchhiker in my future ;0)
ReplyDelete