Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Pine Needles & Pizza

While things have been busy, there has been an underlying calm that has felt reassuring. The last of Christmas was packed safely away, and with it our front room has been left feeling empty. Far too many white walls for my liking, so the Chinese New Year box has made an early appearance!


We read an article in the last Pooka Pages, about using the pine needles from the Christmas tree to make a decoction which can be used to wash the floor (we have carpet so used it to clean the windows) to clear the air of squabbles and bickering. What better way to get the fake snow off the windows and say goodbye to the last of any negativity from last year.


Gabe does a lot of his numeracy and literacy work using games on the ipad which he loves and I'm learning to be okay with (for now). I remembered just how many crafts and activities I did with Orion and Thea when they were Gabey's age, and although he gets to do so much, it's usually for much older children. I thought it'd be nice to do more preschool level things just for him and so for the boy who loves his kitchen, we made pizzas.





No comments:

Post a Comment