It's only when I do these blogs that I become aware of just how full the last two months have been!
Anyway... a month ago today was the Primary Proms in London's Royal Albert Hall. It is a children's version of the Classical Proms with performances from the national award winners of every type of classical music you can imagine, from choirs and steel bands, to string ensembles and wind orchestras. The tickets are free but you have to enter a ballot to get them. This year I remembered to enter in time and we were given a box!
After a long drive into town, there was time to get lunch and then stretch our legs in Hyde Park before the performance.
Feeling very pleased with ourselves with our extremely posh box... have to say, we couldn't have had a better view, nor a better way to keep Ayla penned in but able to wander about to her heart's content.
It really was spectacular and what an amazing introduction to the Albert Hall for these kids of mine. They'll be expecting a box from now on!
Afterward we met up with Grandma Julie and headed over to the Princess Diana playground.
I wish we had photos of Orion here when he was tiny with Grandma Julie and Dad... not so tiny any more, but just as crazy...
It was a lovely day out.












No comments:
Post a Comment