Thursday, 26 November 2020

Lichen, Light & Dinosaurs!

For the nature group it was lichen week to follow on from all the moss, and some interesting conversations about symbiotic relationships were had. 



Cupcakes were made... 


And Kiwi crates (a brilliant monthly subscription box I get for each child) was opened. 
Ayla's was all about dinosaurs, so she made her own fossils after putting together the dinosaur skeletons from stickers on to the cards. 



Gabe did a fossil dig kit I had stashed away. 



And she began making a dinosaur costume which we are yet to finish! 



Gabe's crate was all about light, prisms and diffraction.


They had so much fun with these glasses and Gabe has requested sheets of the diffraction plastic for Christmas!



He had to put together each piece to make this tunnel for the light to move through, and create this little night light also. 




And after forest school Gabe and I spotted the most vibrant rainbow I've ever seen, with a double!













No comments:

Post a Comment