Another full weekend which seemed to run into today. First thing Saturday the big two and I headed out to a trial session at a Forest School which we are hoping will be perfect for all three (Gabe had a cold so stayed home). It was lovely, mud kitchens, a stream, tool work where Thea made herself a medallion necklace using the saw and drill, a painting area, climbing, you name it. It helped that it the weather felt like early summer but they are fully prepared for rain so fingers crossed scheduling allows and I'll finally have a class that they can all go to together which is actually local to me!
Tom headed out to Kent once we returned, and we got started on our St. Patrick's Day fun.
It's a lot harder than I thought it'd be to make fairy cakes a strong shamrock green colour, but the kids didn't seem to mind as we had our first garden tea party.
Sunday saw the four of us back outside and me starting work on the various areas of the garden. I made a good start on Gabe's corner with his water play area and the beginnings of his music wall. It's amazing how good the xylophone pieces sound hanging up rather than how they were.
Next I need to buy some paint and some fabric!
Joining in with Amanda for weekending, I hope you enjoyed yours.


No comments:
Post a Comment