Sunday, 9 March 2014

Weekending

This weekend while Tom headed for Glastonbury followed by Bristol we headed outside to greet the sunshine. I love new year's and I make sure that throughout the year I have several. There's new year's eve, my birthday, the start of the school year in september, but there is also a new year for spring. That sense of the wheel turning which starts at the first hints of the reawakening of the Earth and the energy that tingles your senses by mid march. I've always felt it but only now do I understand that I share those celebrations with others, and they call the start the festival of Imbolc and which leads into the Spring Equinox.

This weekend while I began to gather our things for our trip, I took the time to thrust my hands into the soil and get planting. While I got on with the first wave of herbs and vegetables, little Miss Biz got started with her flower garden.



They each cleaned off some of the paving slabs and tires, until Gabe found a more messy and fun use for the water.


In an attempt to avoid water the next day I got out the chalk and they decorated the 'table' and hop-scotch area.




Sometimes royal thrones, others a stage, who knew tires could be so much fun!



Joining in with Amanda for weekending, I hope you enjoyed yours. 

1 comment: