It was a quiet weekend and apart from some extra tiredness brought on by everyone sleeping badly (I blame the full moon), quiet an easy one.
One of our favourite summer activities which we seemed to miss this year, are the ice boxes. I had some new lego figures to give them, so instead of just handing them over I thought the freezing them would add an extra layer of fun.
Trying to keep us outside as much as possible while the weather is warm enough, we began the last of our harvest and dug up two of our three potato bags.
I did have big hopes of finding the time to take us to the Matisse exhibition at the Tate this summer but with one thing and another we missed it. This was it's last weekend so I brought Matisse to us and used the video footage on the Tate website to show them the huge scale of some of his pieces. Inspired by the King Of Colour and the idea of the cut outs in general, we got to work.
Orion named his 'A Mixed World'.
Thea named hers 'Star Light Colours', can you see the girl flying amongst the stars?
I did a version of the Icarus. Gabe said scissors are dangerous and opted for playdough instead!
After all that, they settled down to watch the Borrowers and who could watch a film about little people without designing some new little people of their own.
How was your weekend?
Joining in with Karen, head over to her place to see some more weekends.
what a lovely weekend! I love your children's tendrils of curls that flop in front of them as they concentrate :) My son have very curly hair (but he cut it all off now), I have fond memories :) Your potatoes look good! We are swimming in tiny tomatoes....way too many!
ReplyDeleteIt's been a strange growing season this year, our tomatoes did well to but the courgettes which are usually so hardy produced almost nothing??
ReplyDelete