Monday, 12 January 2015

Weekending

My weekend started with a Kirtan mantra chanting session on friday night! Outside of yoga I had never done any real chanting so I wasn't sure what to expect, and it's always a little intimidating to walk into a room of strangers. I need not have worried, these were the most welcoming group of women I've met in a while. Singing in rounds, chanting, raising energy for healing and creating this mandala together with coloured sand and seeds, all made for a very fun if very different kind of friday night.


The rest of our weekend revolved around Tom's birthday. The children made a birthday message video for him, along with a Simpsons book Orion found in the library, a medal painted by Gabe and a book Thea drew and had me scribe for. We also made him a new batch of fudge which I'm hoping will last longer than the chocolate cake!


After a family trip to the cinema to see Paddington, we had a relaxed afternoon for the most part. 

I hope you enjoyed yours.

Joining in with Karen, I hope you enjoyed yours.





No comments:

Post a Comment