Thursday, 31 March 2016

Return to the Beach


You know how sometimes you build a narrative in your mind about something, telling yourself that it'll be too hard, or take too long, or will be too complicated? I do this quite a bit. I'm pretty good about being aware of it and pushing through, but for some reason I've had it in my head that going to the local beach is just not a good idea... too windy, too cold, etc. Yes on somedays, maybe even most days in the winter it is like that, but it's spring and I'm so glad I made the extra effort yesterday.  




We collected pebbles for drawing on, and Gabe found handfuls of 'shark and dinosaur teeth', and then Thea happened upon a piece of charcoal which led to drawing...



The simple toys are often the most surprising to me at how long they can spend with them, stacking and piling, and then making shapes, patterns and pictures... pebbles are fun!



Then because of the charcoal earlier I was reminded that we had work to do on our art course, which just so happened to be using charcoal... 

 

We had all forgotten just how much we enjoyed using it, and how much we do not like the smell of hairspray!



No comments:

Post a Comment