So I'm completely aware that this isn't the neatest, or the most amazing thing to ever happen in my crafty world, but I'm so proud of this crochet edge!
I've been working (very very slowly) on this blanket for months now, well no that's not right... I made a ton of garter stitch squares while happily watching my fav television shows back at the end of last year, and then they sat for ages because all that sewing and finishing just didn't appeal. Then the crochet click of understanding happened, and just like that it had to be done, because I just had to try out this edge.
I think it completely transforms it, and for a change something of mine which is actually people sized rather than newborn, looks properly finished.
I love it, she loves it, blanket ideas are swirling in my head!!!

Well, I think it's rather amazing. I love the colors in this. And that edge is lovely.
ReplyDeleteThank you Becki!
DeleteI love it too. It's a magical blanket for your gorgeous daughter. Big high five for the crocheting. I can't crochet but manage to make a mat so I only know one technique and I was so proud.
ReplyDeleteMakes you feel silly and a tad childlike for feeling so excited and proud... maybe we should do things that makes us feel like that more often Zena x
ReplyDeleteOh it's gorgeous and the edging brings it together perfectly - it looks like your daughter loves it too.
ReplyDeleteThanks Lucy.
DeleteIt's so princess perfect! I just saw a knitted crown on Ravelry that would really set that off ;)
ReplyDeletep.s.- it's called Circlet, and it's FREE!
Thanks for the tip Sarah, I just checked it out and it's perfect, I know she'll love it!!
Delete